This leaflet is directed at people who are volunteering &/or participating during the Dandenong Show (DAPS), however the rules stated are related to everyone at the showgrounds.
- Volunteers/Participants must adopt safe working practices & must not place themselves in any unsafe situations that could cause injury to themselves or others.
- Volunteers/Participants working with children, must have a current Working With Children Card.
- Volunteers/Participants must be clearly visible to all vehicle traffic in the areas where they are working. (Particularly in carparks, where high visibility vests etc. must be worn).
- Volunteers/Participants must wear appropriate clothing suitable to outside weather conditions on the day.
- Volunteers/Participants must consume enough fluids to ensure that they do not become dehydrated during the time that they are working.
- Volunteers/Participants must obey all lawful instructions from members of Victoria Police, Ambulance Victoria & Country Fire Authority.
- Volunteers/Participants must obey any reasonable instruction issued by a member of DAPS or one of the DAPS wardens.
- Volunteers sign in/out at the beginning/end of their work shift.
- Volunteers must not approach unruly or violent members of the public. Contact the DAPS administration office or a member of the Victoria Police.
- If you are informed of an emergency situation stay in your allocated area until you receive further advice. Do not wander off to another area. We may need to conduct a head count.
- If you have been allocated other duties that require specific training, this training will be provided.
- Report all accidents & injuries to a DAPS warden, or recognised emergency representative.
- Report all hazards to a DAPS warden, or recognised emergency representative.
- DAPS believe that all children who come to the Show have the right to feel and be safe. The welfare of the children who attend will be our first priority and we have zero tolerance to child abuse. We aim to create a safe and child friendly environment where children feel safe and have fun. Our Policy aims to protect children and reduce any opportunities for abuse or harm to occur. It also helps volunteers by providing them with guidance on how to best support children and how to avoid or better manage difficult situations. All volunteers are required to comply with this Conduct. Visit our website for our Code of Conduct Policy in Relation to Child Safety and our Child Safety Policy.
- DAPS uphold a Bullying Policy, whereby volunteers, competitors and officials have the right to feel safe and treated with respect while on our premises. Our policy indicates how to deal with possible bullying situations, and how DAPS will deal with them to ensure everyone is treated with the respect and care they deserve. If required, disciplinary action toward the bully will be taken. Bullying Policy can be viewed on our website: dandyshow.com.au
WARDENS: Wardens will be on the showgrounds during the period that the show is open. They can be approached at any time for information or assistance. Alternatively, any issues can be reported to the DAPS administration office or recognised emergency service representative for assistance in the event of an emergency. The chief warden may require health & safety officers to participate in an investigation relating to any emergency.
MEDIA: All media enquiries will be handled by DAPS President or Secretary. Volunteers/Participants must not speak directly to members of the media organizations and must refer all requests for information to the DAPS President/Secretary.
EVACUATION PROCESS: Any evacuation on or from the showgrounds must be done in a prompt & orderly manner. Avoid panic and remain calm.
- Stallholders, exhibitors, volunteers & members of the public must be directed to the designated assembly point. All instructions must be clear & calm.
- No person is to return to an evacuated area until the ‘all clear’ has been given by chief warden
- All gates must be kept clear at all times for emergency vehicle access.