GET INVOLVED – Volunteers
Are you interested in becoming a volunteer at the Dandy Show? Many individuals and community groups assist the Dandenong Agricultural & Pastoral Society Inc., present the Dandy Show.
Together, everyone tirelessly works as a volunteer to ensure a successful Show. Volunteers must be over 16 years of age. There are volunteer positions available in every area of the show: Volunteers working over a meal time will be given a meal. They also receive a pass into the showgrounds. All volunteers must record their name in the insurance book within their section, and read the Induction literature prior to starting work.
Art & Craft pavilion:
The art & craft stewards have several days in the lead-up to, and during the show that they may be
required: An overview of their role is:
- Accept articles (that have already been entered) and place in judging areas – Wednesday prior to the Show 3pm – 7pm
- Assist Judge/record place awards/attach awards to articles – Thursday 9am – 2pm
- Walk around the pavilion to ensure safety of exhibits/help patrons – Saturday 9am – 8.30pm and Sunday 9am – 3pm)
- Pull down display and assist giving back the exhibits – Sunday 3.30pm – 6.30pm.
Animal competitions: Horses; Sheep; Cattle; Poultry are held on Saturday and Sunday – approximate
start time is 8am and finish time is 4pm. An overview of their role is:
- Assist Judge/record place awards
- Assist Head Steward as directed.
You would assist the Attractions Chairman with setting up of acts/entertainment and help running
the activities timetable. Primarily from 3pm Saturday until 9pm.
Security and Safety wardens:
We always need responsible volunteers to assist the Safety Chairman to ensure the safe running of
the Event. You would be directed to jobs suiting your ability, after discussions with that committee.
Volunteers required from 8am – 10pm Saturday and 8am – 4pm Sunday.