INDUCTION & INFORMATION LEAFLET
The following information and instructions apply to all volunteers and/or participants in the Dandenong Agricultural and Pastoral Society Inc. (DAPS) annual Show.
- Work safely – do not endanger yourself or others.
- A current Working With Children card is required if working with children.
- Remain clearly visible to all vehicular traffic – wear high visibility clothing if appropriate.
- Wear appropriate clothing for prevailing weather conditions.
- Drink sufficient water to avoid becoming dehydrated.
- Obey all instructions from emergency services personnel.
- Obey any reasonable instructions from a member of DAPS, or DAPS wardens.
- Sign in and out at the beginning and end of your work shift. (Warden will provide sign-in book or
- Do not approach unruly or violent people. Contact DAPS admin office or Victoria Police representative.
- In an emergency situation, remain in your allocated area until you receive further instructions.
- Training will be provided for duties that require specific training.
- Report all accidents and injuries to a DAPS warden, or recognised emergency representative.
- Report all hazards to a DAPS warden, or recognised emergency representative.
- The welfare of the children is paramount – see a warden to view the DAPS formal Child Safety Policy.
- DAPS has a Bullying Policy in place – see a warden to view the formal Bullying Policy+
WARDENS – can be approached at any time for information or assistance. Alternatively, contact the DAPS
admin office or emergency service representative in an emergency
MEDIA – refer all requests from media for information to the DAPS President and/or Secretary.
EVACUATION PROCESS Any evacuation on or from the showgrounds must be conducted in a prompt and
orderly manner. Avoid panic and remain calm.
Wardens will direct you to your designated assembly area.
No person is to return to an evacuated area until the ‘all clear’ has been given by the Chief Warden.
All gates must be kept clear at all times for emergency vehicle access